PersonaL Home and AUto Insurance Claims
Our staff at Redmond General Insurance Agency is committed to ensuring you receive claims assistance from your insurance carrier. Efficient and effective claims resolution is an important element in achieving our service goal to you.
Good claims service begins with notifying the insurance company of your loss. The general rule is to notify them as soon as practical, usually the first business day following the loss.
We represent a number of different insurance companies; some will accept your claim report directly while others insist upon receiving the report through our offices. Often your policy will contain specific reporting instructions and phone numbers to help you report your claim. Some carriers even over 24/7 claims reporting.
What to Do if You Have a Claim
Q. I've been in an accident – what now?
A. Start by reporting your claim to your insurance carrier. They need to know:
• When the accident occurred
• Where the accident occurred (be as specific as possible)
• How the accident happened
• What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved (including the year, make, and model)
• A description of the damage on each vehicle
• The names and contact information of people involved in the accident
• The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident
• The names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
• The name of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number, if police were contacted
Q. I have damage to my property-what now?
A. Call your insurance carrier and let them know:
• When the incident occurred.
• A general description of what happened.
• The location of the damaged property and what was damaged.
• The condition of the home and if it is still livable.
• If temporary repairs are needed.
• If the fire or police department was contacted, which department responded and any report number. Your contact information and the best time to reach you
Q. Do I need to protect my home from further damage?
A. Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.
• Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken windows, covering the roof, and removing debris.
• Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage, and make sure to saveyour receipts.
• If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.
• If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items. Sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage.
When you have a claim, give us a call at 425-885-2283 so we can let you know what to expect.
Important Notice: Review your policy with your agent for personalized information. Not every policy will include every coverage as described on this site in addition policies differ State to State and between companies.
CA License #0B01381
© 2016 Redmond General Insurance Agency